This delicious back-to-school breakfast frittata is crammed with goodness and flavour.
- 250g streaky bacon, chopped
- 8 eggs
- Salt and milled black pepper
- 20g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 can All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes
- 45ml parsley, chopped
- 125g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the bacon on a baking tray lined with foil. Grill for one to two minutes each side or until crispy.
- Drain the bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel and chop into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs together, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based, ovenproof non-stick frying pan over low heat.
- Add the onion and crushed garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for three to four minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the bacon, cooked potato, All Gold Mediterranean Style Diced Tomatoes and parsley.
- Scatter the cheese over the top and pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Tilt the pan to distribute the egg mixture evenly.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for seven to eight minutes or until the frittata is almost set (its surface should still be slightly runny). Alternatively, bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 10-15 minutes, depending on the depth of the frying pan.
- Place the pan under the grill.
- Grill the frittata for three to five minutes or until just set and lightly golden.
- Allow to cool for two minutes.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve at once.
Visit www.allgold.co.za for more recipes.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.