Is your little one a minion fan? He’ll love making his own little minions to play with. This fun craft requires minimal input from a parent and kids will have a blast.
You will need
- Some flat river stones (or as flat as you can get them)
- Paint and paint brushes
- Clear spray varnish
- Black marker
- Make sure to wash your stones so that they are free of dust and dirt.
- Start by painting half the stones yellow to make the heads of the Minions and let them dry.
- Paint the bodies blue and allow to dry. Once the stones are completely dry, use white paint to add the eyes and a black marker to outline the eyes and draw the mouth.
- Spray with varnish to keep the stones from chipping and to give them a lovely glossy finish.
If you live near the ocean, collect stones and pebbles from the beach to create minions with unusual shapes − your tot will love searching for the perfect stones. Your garden supply store will also have a supply of stones and rocks to choose from.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.