Children and toddlers learn about the world by touching, smelling, seeing and hearing. Their communication and understanding of the world are through physical experiences, and occupational therapists agree that sensory play makes a huge contribution towards brain development. As parents, we need to provide opportunities for them to discover the world around them.
There are many ways to stimulate their senses, and wool craft offers a tactile experience, as well as the chance to get creative.
Help your little one make these cute, fluffy lambs.
You will need:
- Download our lamb template here, or sketch your own on some cardboard.
- Cut out your lambs, they should vary in size.
- Peg the legs onto the cardboard.
- Wrap the wool around the cardboard until the lamb has a lovely, fluffy belly.
- Draw on the face and some hooves.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.