Encourage your child’s creativity with these fun toilet roll owl and memory jar crafts.
Toilet roll owls
Your little one will really enjoy making this easy owl craft. Help him make an owl family that represents the members of your own family.
- With your thumb, bend the top of the toilet roll down until you have a U shape.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
- Using a felt-tip pen, draw in the details of your owl family.
A memory jar can be more fun than a journal or diary and takes the idea of scrapbooking to a new level. Everyone in the family can contribute to it, offering their favourite item from the holiday to be added to the jar.
The example we’ve put together is of a beach holiday memory jar.
Here’s what we did:
- Start with some sand at the base and work your way up.
- Lay down some shells collected on beach walks.
- Re-size and print out small photos and mount them on ice cream sticks from the holiday.
- Add in other little reminders – here a toy dog symbolises the dog the children befriended on the beach.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.