Keep your little ones busy with this easy toilet roll race car craft. It’s really simple and cheap to make …
This easy toilet roll race car craft will keep the kids entertained for hours, and you won’t have to break the bank either. Mom will have to man the scissors, but the little ones can paint and decorate the cars.
What you’ll need
- Toilet paper rolls
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Black and white cardboard
- Coloured paper for decorations (optional)
- Thumb tacks
How to make it
- Cut out your cockpit and fold the flap to the front to serve as the dashboard. You can add a steering wheel cut out from black cardboard if you want to.
- Coat the toilet roll with the paint and leave it to dry.
- Cut 4 wheels about the size of the toilet roll from the black cardboard.
- Cut 4 smaller circles for the hubcaps from the white cardboard.
- Glue the white circles onto the black ones and stick a thumbtack in the middle of each wheel.
- Once the toilet rolls have dried, let the kids decorate them with either paint or patterns cut from the coloured paper.
- Add your numbers for your car – you can either paint them on or write them on a round piece of cardboard and stick them on the car.
- Attach the wheels to the roll with the thumbtacks.
- Bend the ends of thumbtacks flat with pliers or cover the sharp points with Press-Stik so your little doesn’t hurt himself while playing.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.