Schools will be closing at the end of the week, but don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! The kids will have a ball with our line-up of fun things to do.
Peppa Pig Live!
The infamous British pig from the preschool TV show, Peppa Pig, is here in South Africa. After much public demand, the show’s run in the country has been extended. Join Peppa Pig and her family in the stage production, Peppa Pig Live! as they go on an adventure in search of Polly the Parrot.
- Port Elizabeth Opera House from 23 to 24 June.
- Tickets are on sale at Computicket.
Visit peppapiglive.co.za for more information on family packages, including meet and greet packages.
Children can enjoy the sticky, weird and crazy creation of slime with the SlimeFest. Select the day and slimy activity for your child – these including challenges like putty making, giant slime and moms versus kids!
- 25 June until 13 July in Durban North.
- Suitable for children three years and older.
- Contact email@example.com for more information, or book your tickets through Webtickets.
Disney on Ice
Audiences are taken on a pixie-dust filled journey with Tinker Bell as she tells the stories of Disney’s leading ladies including Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Tiana, Jasmine, Aurora and Snow White. See the icy stage come to life with the beloved Disney stories.
When and where?
- TicketPro Dome, Johannesburg from 22 June to 1 July
- Durban ICC Arena, Durban from 4 July to 8 July
- Grand Arena at Grand West Casino, Cape Town from 11 July to 15 July
- Tickets are available from Computicket .
Sci-Bono Discovery Centre
The largest science centre in Southern Africa boasts over 350 interactive exhibits for the whole family to learn and enjoy. Discover the wonders of rock art currently on exhibition at the Sci-Bono Discovery Centre.
- 23 June to 15 July.
- Visit Sci-Bono Discovery Centre website for more information.
Soccer Fan Park
Take advantage of the soccer fever sweeping the world thanks to the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Mall of Africa will have their Soccer Fan Park up from 22 June until 15 July. A family-friendly environment with food stalls, big screens, a kid’s zone and a Soccer Park where children can learn new skills with Discovery Soccer park coaches. So, why not spend your day enjoying the games with good food and entertainment.
Children under 12 are free while adult tickets start from R45.
Visit TicketPro for more information.
Travel into the world of Roald Dahl with the local stage production of The BFG. Following on from the success of last year’s James and the Giant Peach, the Roald Dahl adventure continues with a friendly giant and a little orphan girl named Sophie.
- Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre, Durban
- 22 June to 8 July
- Tickets available at Computicket from R135.
Frozen Winter Festival
Step into the enchanted forest with the Frozen Winter Festival. This outdoor family event sees the world of fairytales come to life with fairy spotting; Robin Hood forest fun; singing princesses and more. It’s all about fairies, pirates, princesses and dragons, so the kids can dress the part. The whole family will enjoy the craft stalls and artisan foods.
- The Fairy Forest Venue, Johannesburg
- Saturday 30 June
- Tickets available from Nu Tickets or at the gate.
Cartoon Network Live!
For the very first time ever in South Africa, step into the world of Cartoon Network with the favourite heroes from Ben 10, The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time and The Powerpuff Girls. Kevin Gizmo needs help from the audience to stop the evil robot, Zarr.
When and where?
- Cape Town from 26 June 2018 at the Grand Arena, GrandWest
- Johannesburg from 3 July 2018 at Montecasino
- Tickets are on sale now through www.bigconcerts.co.za and Computicket.
Antoinette’s Cookery School
This hands-on cookery school allows children to enjoy and learn as they get their hands dirty while cooking and crafting. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years of age can partake in a fun-filled day of whipping up delicious dishes and masterful art pieces.
- 2 to 12 July in Ccenturion.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.