9 cute ideas for a vintage-themed tea party
- A dreamy pink and Tiffany-blue table loaded with vintage-style crockery, sets the scene for this vintage-themed tea party. Old fashioned treats like Nougat, peanut brittle and Turkish delight, along with delicately iced shortbread biscuits and ladylike cupcakes, add to the old-world charm of this theme.
- Adorn your tables with soft flowers, doilies and lace, for a tea party your little princess will adore.
- It’s the little details that pull this theme together. The vintage straws can be bought from In Good Company, and the ribbons on the table from Ebony & Ivory. Lay the strips of lace and ribbon loosely across a plain table cloth.
- Use the same muted tones for your printed invitations, and fold a doily around it to tie the theme together.
- You can also use doilies and ribbon to round off the party packs.
- Cake pops are a huge trend, and are not as difficult to make as they look. For those who would rather leave it to the professionals, these were made by Charlene Voster at Pop Stop www.popstop.co.za.
- Discover just how easy it is to create these gorgeous popcorn holders and hanging doily mobiles with these step-by-step guides.
Credits: Straws, drawers, three-tiered cake stand and plates – In Good Company: www.ingoodcompany.co.za. Detailed cupcakes, birdcage and heart biscuits – Allison from Tiny Bite: www.tinybite.co.za. Invites – Macaroon: www.macaroon.co.za
Party styled by A-muse Events: call 076 845 7060 or visit www.amuseevents.co.za.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.