Gender reveal parties are loads of fun for both parents and guests and are a wonderful way to celebrate when it isn’t your first child and you can’t face another baby shower. We show you how to throw a gorgeous owl-themed gender reveal party.
Clever ideas for an owl-themed gender reveal party
- Breakfast and brunch celebrations are often overlooked, but are a wonderful option.
- Breakfast foods are often easier on the budget, and serving small food items along with sparkling wine and orange juice is more appealing to many than sitting down to a meal − it’s more child friendly too.
- An earlier gathering will help you beat the heat of summer and will free up the rest of your day, so you’re not entertaining or cleaning up late into the evening.
- Stick to simple recipes such as muesli, yoghurt and fresh fruit parfait, a refreshing Cajun chicken and pasta salad, ready-made waffles with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.
- Fresh melon is always a hit, so serve it cold for a refreshing finger food.
- Chip sticks will create a great little owl’s nest.
- Blue and yellow paper lanterns, daisy paper foldouts, Jelly Cat owl soft toy, blue striped paper cups and wooden cutlery, owl lip-gloss favours, owl food toppers, blue heart-shaped chalkboard and yellow paper bunting, In Good Company, 011 447 1628 or 071 2171 240, ingoodcomapany.co.za, [email protected]
- Owl cake, owl macarons, owl biscuits, owl cupcakes and owl cake pops, Annica’s Designer Cakes
011 326 1526 or 011 326 0937, [email protected], annicas.co.za.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.