*Prep time: 15 minutes
*Cook time: 20 minutes
*Suitable for freezing uncooked
*Suitable for freezing
*Makes eight fish cakes
- 250g cooked potato (approx 250g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 20g sliced spring onion
- 35g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 250g raw salmon cut into small cubes
- 60g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 100g dried breadcrumbs for coating
- Sunflower oil for frying the fish cakes
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Put the chunks of potato into a pan. Cover with boiling water and add a little salt. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to cool down.
- Mix the potatoes together with the mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, spring onion, grated Cheddar and ketchup, and roughly mash using a potato masher.
- Mix in the salmon cubes and fresh breadcrumbs and season to taste.
- Using your hands, form the mixture into about eight fish cakes, and coat them in the dried breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and sauté for about five minutes, turning halfway through until golden on both sides.
- To make the dip, simply mix together the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
Read Annabel Karmel’s tips on condiments for kids.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.