Melted cheese, and hot bread… Serve this satisfying snack when next you have friends visiting.
- Ciabatta loaf
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prep your ciabatta by scoring it into a checker board.
- Hollow out a circle in the centre of the bread for your Camembert to sit in.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with black pepper and coarse salt and adorn with fresh rosemary.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180ºC until the bread is golden and the Camembert is soft and runny.
- Break off pieces of the ciabatta and dip them into the Camembert.
*Pregnant women should avoid eating mould-ripened soft cheese, like Camembert, unless it has been cooked thoroughly to kill any harmful bacteria.
Recipe, photography and styling by Noeleen Foster
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.