Have you noticed how kids are always hungry and up for a snack – (even though they refuse to eat their food). If you’ve run out of treats, you’ll love this quick butter cookie recipe. It will be faster to bake a batch than to go to the shops!
*Makes 24 cookies
- 150g butter, softened
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Staffords Vanilla Extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 150g flour
- 1 ½ tbsp corn starch
- 24 Staffords stemless Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix.
- Whisk together the flour and corn starch and then add to butter mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Divided mixture into 24 balls and place 12 on each baking sheet, spacing them a few centemetres apart.
- Gently press down the mixture to flatten the biscuit slightly. Finally add a maraschino cherry to the centre of each cookie and press down until it fits snugly inside the biscuit.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until barely taking on any colour.
- Allow to cool on baking trays and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.