Whip up this delicious fare for dinner tonight!
Chicken doesn’t have to be roasted all the time. For something a little different and bursting with flavour, try these delicious chicken-filled pastries for dinner. The kids will love them!
- 1 can (410g) KOO Creamed Sweet Corn
- 400g frozen puff pastry
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 100g button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
- 50g butter or margarine
- 2 tbs dry white wine (optional)
- Melt butter or margarine and fry chicken for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Lightly fry spring onions and mushrooms.
- Add the sweet corn, wine, coriander and seasoning.
- Roll the pastry out and cut into four equal squares.
- Place a slice of ham in the centre of each square.
- Spread with a spoonful of sauce. Top with chicken and more sauce. Dampen edges of the pastry squares and fold corners to the centre to make a parcel.
- Seal by pinching the edges together and brush with egg.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake in oven for 25 minutes on 180°C.
For more meal inspiration and scrumptious recipes, visit www.koo.co.za.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.