These chocolate dirt cups are perfect for parties, or just as a weekend treat for the kids. By Margie Els-Burger
We love how easy it is to make these chocolate dirt cups, plus the kids can help you.
- ¼ cup milk
- 3½ cups mini marshmallows
- 60g butter, diced
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (Oreo cookies with the icing removed works really well)
- 125g packet sour worms
- Heat the milk, marshmallows, butter and chocolate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat the cream to stiff peaks. Fold into the marshmallow mixture and spoon into 10 x 125ml cups. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs over and allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Allow to reach room temperature and place two sour worms in each cup before serving.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.