A braai simply isn’t a braai without a gooey cheese, wors and relish-filled pie cooked over the coals.
Filled with boerewors, Rhodes Quality Braai Relish and gooey cheese, this delicious and filling braai pie is one for the meat lovers.
- 1 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Braai Relish
- 500g (2 rolls) ready-made puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked with a fork
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 400g cooked boerewors
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
How to assemble your braai pie
- Unroll one roll (250g) of the puff pastry and place it directly on a clean braai grid. (Remember to spray the braai grid with Spray and Cook so the pastry doesn’t get stuck to it.)
- Brush the pastry with a little egg.
- Leaving a 2cm border around the edges of the pastry, sprinkle the cheese over the pastry.
- Add the boerewors in a coil or chopped and evenly spread across the pastry.
- Spoon the Rhodes Quality Braai Relish over the boerewors.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top.
- Unroll the second roll of puff pastry and place over the top of the pie.
- Fold the edges of the bottom layer of pastry over the top layer and press gently with a fork to seal the edges of the pie.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the remaining egg.
- Close the grid and braai the pie over medium coals, turning the grid regularly, for 15 minutes or until the pastry is crispy and cooked through
- Slice with a sharp knife and serve hot.
Visit www.rhodesquality.com for more delicious recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.