- 3 eggs
- ½ punnet Portabellini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 whole Portabella mushrooms (big brown mushrooms)
- 3 chopped spring onions
- 1tsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A dash of truffle oil (optional)
- Whisk the 3 eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Panfry the Portabellas in a non-stick pan for about three minutes and put aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and sauté the Portabellinis. (Keep a bit aside to garnish.)
- Add the egg mix.
- Panfry the omelette on both sides and then cut into four circles.
- Stack the omelette circles and the Portabellas.
- Garnish with the spring onions, a few chopped Portabellinis and dot a bit of truffle oil on the omelette and on the plate.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.