These yummy mini sweet chilli chicken kebabs are super easy to make and perfect to for lunchbox snacks or something light to nibble on when you have guests over for a braai.
- 750g chicken fillet, cut into cubes
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into cubes
- 5ml ground ginger
- 5ml ground turmeric
- 5ml paprika
- 30ml chutney
- 100ml sweet chilli sauce
- 50ml oil
- 25ml water
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the spices, chutney, sweet chilli sauce, oil and water together, and season to taste.
- Add the chicken cubes to the mixture and stir. Leave the chicken to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Thread the cubes of chicken, alternating with the pineapple cubes, on to long wooden kebab sticks that have been soaked in water.
- Braai the kebabs over hot coals for three to five minutes per side until they are cooked through.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.