As the season starts to change we’re moving away from light meals and leaning towards warm and hearty dishes, such as this delicious mushroom and potato curry.
- 45ml oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 45ml curry powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20ml turmeric
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 15ml tomato paste
- 500g mixed mushrooms
- 750g baby potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion until it’s soft and light brown.
- Add the curry powder, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon and bay leaf and lightly fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste until it’s mixed through.
- Add the mushrooms and cook gently until tender.
- Add the potatoes to the mushroom curry mixture and gently simmer until cooked through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the curry with a green salad.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.