These recipes are very easy and simple to prepare, but will still require dad and the kids to work together as a team to whip up one of these delicious treats for mom.
Breakfast Flapjack Stack
- 150g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp Weigh-Less Spoon for Spoon Sugar Replacement
- 180ml low-fat milk
- 7 eggs
- 200g Eskort Weigh-Less Smoked Bacon
- 300g tomatoes
- 100g spinach
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Weigh-Less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix together the flour, sugar replacement and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the milk and one egg together and pour into the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour one teaspoon of the olive oil into a hot pan and spoon a little bit of the batter into the pan.
- Cook the batter for about a minute before flipping it over and cook for a further minute. Repeat with remaining batter and set aside.
- Fry the shredded spinach and sliced mushrooms until the spinach leaves have wilted.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into a bowl and grill the bacon and sliced tomatoes in the hot pan.
- Drizzle the remaining oil into the hot pan and fry the eggs.
- Assemble the flap-jacks by layering spoonful’s of spinach, slices of grilled tomato and bacon, top with fried egg and serve.
Steak, egg and chips (This is the healthy version, we promise!)
- 140g beef rump, raw weight
- 140g Weigh-Less Oven Chips
- 1 egg
- 5ml Weigh-Less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bake the oven chips according to the package instructions.
- Grill the steak in the olive oil to desired doneness.
- Remove the steak from the pan and crack the egg into hot oil.
- Once the egg is cooked, place it on the steak and serve with a glass of orange juice.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.