- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100g butter
- 100g flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml low-fat milk
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Lightly fry the leeks and mushrooms, and set aside.
- Make a white sauce (roux) with the butter, flour and milk. Once the mixture has thickened, add the chicken stock.
- Remove from the heat and add the mushrooms, leeks and cooked chicken.
- Grease a large dish and layer 4 sheets of phylo pastry, brushing each piece with olive oil and reserving 2 sheets for the top.
- Place the chicken mixture into the dish, and fold the overhanging pieces of pastry over the top.
- Place the last two pieces of phylo over the top, scrunching them slightly to make it look more appealing.
- Cook for about 40 minutes.