Warm up with a hearty bowl of chicken stew, which is packed with delicious chicken pieces, apricots and chillies.
Nothing says comfort food like a delicious chicken stew on a cold winter’s evening.
You can add fresh chillies if you like your stew hot.
- 2 large leeks, well rinsed and sliced
- Knob of butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs
- 330ml cider
- 200ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 400g jar Peppadew Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 300g baby carrots
- 2 tbsp dried apricots, chopped
- Sweat the leeks in the butter and olive oil until soft.
- Brown the chicken pieces in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the leeks, cider, stock, herbs and Peppadew Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce to the chicken. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the baby carrots and apricots and cook for a further 10 minutes. Thicken the gravy, if desired, adjust the seasoning and serve with rice or pap.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.