Trying to get rid of those unwanted kilos, but craving pizza? We have great news – you can have your pizza and still avoid too many calories!
These cauliflower and pepperoni bite-sized pizzas are not only mouthwatering, but they’re perfect if you are trying to avoid gluten. They’re also great to snack on and super-quick to make!
You will need
For the pizza sauce
- 1 cup All Gold Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 1 tin All Gold Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Holbrook’s Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the pizza bites
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- Coarse black pepper
- ½ cup pepperoni or salami, sliced
- Put all the pizza sauce ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Allow to reduce until thick.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside until ready to add to the pizzas.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, basil, eggs, ¼ of the mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Season with black pepper.
- Mix well and then form into small patties (they will be wet).
- Place on the baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden (about 20 minutes).
- Top each patty with a thin layer of the tomato sauce.
- Divide the rest of the mozzarella and pepperoni between the pizza bites.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with extra basil or a squeeze of All Gold Sweet Chilli Sauce before serving.
Visit www.allgold.co.za for more recipes.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.