These cauliflower and pepperoni bite-sized pizzas are not only mouthwatering, but they’re perfect if you are trying to avoid gluten. They’re also great to snack on and super-quick to make!
You will need
For the pizza sauce
- 1 cup All Gold Garlic and Herb Pasta Sauce
- 1 tin All Gold Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Holbrook’s Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
For the pizza bites
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- Coarse black pepper
- ½ cup pepperoni or salami, sliced
- Put all the pizza sauce ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil.
- Allow to reduce until thick.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Set aside until ready to add to the pizzas.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking tray.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, basil, eggs, ¼ of the mozzarella cheese, the Parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Season with black pepper.
- Mix well and then form into small patties (they will be wet).
- Place on the baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake until golden (about 20 minutes).
- Top each patty with a thin layer of the tomato sauce.
- Divide the rest of the mozzarella and pepperoni between the pizza bites.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with extra basil or a squeeze of All Gold Sweet Chilli Sauce before serving.
Visit www.allgold.co.za for more recipes.