A cookie project with your little one not only strengthens the parent-child bond, it can also be very beneficial for her development. Get messy in the kitchen and try this easy anzac biscuit recipe.
*recipe makes 20 biscuits
Prep 10 min, Cook 15 min
- 125g butter
- 1 tbsp syrup
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 125g cake flour
- 175g brown sugar
- 175g desiccated coconut
- 175g rolled oats
- Melt the butter and syrup in a small pot.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the boiling water and stir into the melted butter mixture.
- Combine the flour, sugar, coconut and oats.
- Make a well in the centre of the oats mixture and stir in the butter mixture.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray that has been coated with non-stick spray and bake at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on a baking tray before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Go to www.weighless.co.za for more healthy recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.