Mushroom and ginger stir fry with Dorado
- Dorado portions (180g-200g per person)
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- 2Garlic cloves, sliced
- 30ml Ginger, sliced
- ½ cup Salad onions, sliced
- 100g Portabellini mushrooms, sliced
- 100g White button mushrooms, sliced
- 1pkt Asian greens/ baby spinach
- 100ml Peanut, coriander and lime dressing (bought)
- 50ml Oyster sauce
- Pan-fry the Dorado until just done. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice. Remove from the pan and keep in a warm place.
- Heat a wok or a large non-stick pan over high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring for 30 seconds, and then add the greens.
- Serve the mushroom and ginger stir-fry with the fried Dorado and steamed rice
Rolled chicken fillet with mushrooms and sundried tomato
- 4 free-range deboned and skinless chicken breasts
- 10ml olive oil
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 125ml marinated sundried tomato
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 125ml ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 handfuls salad leaves
- Fried baby button mushrooms to serve
- Slice the chicken breast in half by slicing down the side of the breast. Flatten it using a mallet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms on both sides. Arrange the mushrooms onto the chicken with the sundried tomato, leek and ricotta cheese. Roll the chicken breast up and roll in cling film, tie knots in the ends to secure it properly. Poach the chicken in a pot of simmering water, until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Heat a pan with a small glug of oil, remove all plastic from the chicken and fry on all sides until golden.
- Slice and serve with salad leaves and baby button mushrooms.
Thai Mushroom & Beef Wraps
- 30ml oil or peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5ml fresh ginger, finely grated
- 300g sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 300g Big Brown Mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 15ml brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 5ml fish sauce
- 4 tortilla wraps
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- ½ Mediterranean cucumber, deseeded and cut into long strips
- 4 spring onions cut into long strips
- ¼ cup torn fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Heat 15ml of the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef and increase the heat to high. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining 15ml of oil in the pan and add the big brown mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the beef, red chilli, brown sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Fill the wrap with the beef, red pepper, cucumber, spring onions and coriander leaves (if using). Serve with a dipping sauce.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.