You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare a delicious meal for your family. These dinner recipes are super quick to make and the kids will love them.
- 6 small wholewheat or plain wraps
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 2 sausages of your choice, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the wraps on a baking tray and bake for about 5 minutes until crisp.
- Heat the tomato purée, carrot and oregano on medium-high for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the pizza bases with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Top with sausages.
Bake under a hot grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Serve topped with avocado.
- Kids will enjoy sausages like frankfurters or cooked boerewors.
- For an adult version, try chorizo and scatter over rocket and peppadews.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make trendy avo shavings.
Chicken nuggets and rainbow chips
- 2 orange sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 red sweet potatoes
- 250ml cake flour
- 10ml ground paprika
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 500ml fresh breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sweet chilli sauce, hummus or guacamole, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Cut all the veggies (with or without skins) into about 7mm thick chips. Keep in cold water after cutting to prevent discolouration. Drain well.
- Mix a splash of oil through the veggies and pack in a single layer on a tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, turning halfway, until golden and cooked.
- Meanwhile, beat the chicken cubes flatter. Combine the flour and paprika. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and coat in the flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in batches in the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing to stick. Place apart on a greased baking tray. Repeat with the rest. Drizzle over a little oil.
- Place above the veggies in the oven when you turn them and bake for about 20 minutes, turning halfway until cooked.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce, hummus or guacamole.