Lessons from our Fathers
We inherit more than just our DNA from our dads. We inherit their heritage, values, mannerisms and rituals. They are part of the blueprint against which we model ourselves. Remember watching dad getting ready in the morning, watching his every move? Then mimicking him as we put on his oversized shoes and tie or pretended to shave.
Dads guide us when we take our first steps, teach us how to tie our shoelaces and how to kick a ball. Fathers are there to reassure us when life becomes tangled with choices and consequences and on this day, we celebrate all the fathers, grandfathers, uncles, big brothers and step-dads that welcomed this role with pride.
This Father’s Day, Ingram’s is celebrating father figures across the country who have played an integral part in teaching children how to love themselves and their skin. Skin care and grooming have for too long been seen as women’s territory, but that is not true anymore. We are seeing dads everywhere normalising skin care and imparting values of self-love and care to their children. It’s important that this representation is seen and celebrated – in our homes and in the media.
Ingram’s has made it their mission to help South Africans celebrate and nourish their skin and wear it bravely. This Father’s Day, the proudly South African brand who have long been believers in men’s skin care, are giving away hampers to the special men who have helped raise the children on this nation.
To stand a chance to win an awesome Ingram’s hamper for Dad, simply fill in the form below. Entries close 25 June at midnight.
- Neither Living & Loving, nor CTP Limited, nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for any: Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
- Competitions are open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Living & Loving, a division of CTP Limited and any of its sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons
- The winner/s must hold a valid South African ID and must over the age of 18
- The winner/s of the competition will be chosen by a random draw unless stated otherwise in a specific competition’s entry requirements
- Prizes are not transferable, negotiable and/or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever and neither Living & Loving, nor CTP Limited or any division thereof, nor the promoters, are liable for any defect in the prizes. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value
- Should a winner/s choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner/s will be drawn
- Entries are limited for online competitions
- No late entries will be accepted
- By entering the promotion/competition entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the promotion/competition
- Participants will only be eligible to win once in each competition
- Entries, which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors will be declared invalid
- Winner/s will be notified via SMS or telephonically, or via e-mail.
- The promoters will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner/s but if any winner/s cannot be contacted within two (2) days from the date of the relevant draw, the promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner/s. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide the correct contact details
- Living & Loving reserves the right to cancel a competition without any prior notice and at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control, Living & Loving, it’s directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever
- The winner/s name will be published on www.livingandloving.co.za
- Prizes not collected/claimed within 30 days of being notified, will be disposed of at Living & Loving’s discretion
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor
- The winner/s details may be used for marketing purposes by Living & Loving and/or the sponsors of the competition
- Any expenses incurred by winner/s, other than the items listed in the prize will be for the winner/s own account
- Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Pictures contained in any content relating to the competition are for illustration purposes only.
- All prize values are correct at time of publication.
- By signing up for this competition, you agree to receive the Living and Loving weekly newsletter.
- We reserve the right to forward contact details of entrants to competition sponsors.
- Prizes awarded are the responsibility of the competition sponsors.
- Winners must be willing to be photographed for possible publication in Living and Loving free of any fee.
As a division of CTP Limited, Living & Loving’s competition terms and condition also include that of The Citizen – click here to access.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.