Connect through creativity
The positive link between creativity and the development of children has been well-researched and documented. According to Psychologist Bernice Castle, these are just some of the benefits worth highlighting:
- Hands-on art activities have been proven to impact effective learning in other disciplines.
- Art helps children apply their gross and fine motor skills to something meaningful and tap into their problem-solving skills through visual cognitive responses.
- Art has been proven to stimulate imagination, improve observation skills, boost self-esteem, provide a sense of accomplishment and reduce stress.
- Art creates opportunities for them to communicate how they see and experience the world and allows them to give expression to their feelings about the situations they encounter in their daily lives
A powerful bonding experience is also created when parents do creative activities with their children. To help facilitate this, leading stationery brand BIC has provided fabulous ideas and tutorials on their website and on their local Facebook page.
To stand a chance to win a fabulous BIC Kids hamper to get your little one’s creative juices flowing, simply enter the form below. Entries close 31 July at midnight.
Terms and Conditions:
- Neither Living & Loving, nor CTP Limited, nor any of its sponsors, affiliates and agencies, nor their employees, accept any liability for any: Oversight, ambiguity, error or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, which any of its employees, agents, affiliates or sponsors may commit in the running of the competition and the awarding of the prizes, injuries, losses or damage sustained as a result of the use of the prize or participation in the competition.
- Competitions are open to all residents of the Republic of South Africa, who are 18 years or older, except the employees, directors, members, partners, agents or consultants of Living & Loving, a division of CTP Limited and any of its sponsors, their respective advertising and promotional agencies, media and PR agencies, as well as the immediate family members, consultants, directors and associates of such organisations and persons
- The winner/s must hold a valid South African ID and must over the age of 18
- The winner/s of the competition will be chosen by a random draw unless stated otherwise in a specific competition’s entry requirements
- Prizes are not transferable, negotiable and/or redeemable for cash in any way whatsoever and neither Living & Loving, nor CTP Limited or any division thereof, nor the promoters, are liable for any defect in the prizes. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value
- Should a winner/s choose not to accept the prize he/she will forfeit the prize and a new winner/s will be drawn
- Entries are limited for online competitions
- No late entries will be accepted
- By entering the promotion/competition entrants agree to abide by the rules and conditions of the promotion/competition
- Participants will only be eligible to win once in each competition
- Entries, which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors will be declared invalid
- Winner/s will be notified via SMS or telephonically, or via e-mail.
- The promoters will make all reasonable attempts to contact the winner/s but if any winner/s cannot be contacted within two (2) days from the date of the relevant draw, the promoter reserves the right to draw a new winner/s. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide the correct contact details
- Living & Loving reserves the right to cancel a competition without any prior notice and at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control, Living & Loving, it’s directors, employees, agents, partners, sponsors or promoters will not be liable to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever
- The winner/s name will be published on www.livingandloving.co.za
- Prizes not collected/claimed within 30 days of being notified, will be disposed of at Living & Loving’s discretion
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor
- The winner/s details may be used for marketing purposes by Living & Loving and/or the sponsors of the competition
- Any expenses incurred by winner/s, other than the items listed in the prize will be for the winner/s own account
- Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these competition rules, the Promoters’ decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Pictures contained in any content relating to the competition are for illustration purposes only.
- All prize values are correct at time of publication.
- By signing up for this competition, you agree to receive the Living and Loving weekly newsletter.
- We reserve the right to forward contact details of entrants to competition sponsors.
- Prizes awarded are the responsibility of the competition sponsors.
- Winners must be willing to be photographed for possible publication in Living and Loving free of any fee.
As a division of CTP Limited, Living & Loving’s competition terms and condition also include that of The Citizen – click here to access.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.