Providing your family with quick and easy meals does not mean you should compromise on quality and great taste. This is something that Enterprise understands all too well. That is why they strive to provide convenient, quality meal solutions for families all over South Africa.
To add to their already impressive, premium range offering, they now have a delicious new range of premium pork sausages.
The range is made of prime meat cuts with a special blend of spices, wrapped in a natural casing. The sausages are frozen through an individual, quick freezing (IQF) process to ensure that all the freshness is quickly preserved.
All foodies will be glad to hear that these sausages also have on-trend flavouring taken from popular, culinary trends. Be on the lookout for their Classic, Sriracha and Smoked Pepper flavours.
Why don’t you try this recipe with your Enterprise Premium Pork Sausages?
Thai Pork & Apricot Sausage Rolls
*Makes 4 to 6 sausage rolls
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking /setting time 20 Minutes
Equipment needed: Food Processor, mixing bowl, baking sheet, pastry brush
|400g||Pork sausages, thawed and skinned|
|½ tin||Koo Apricot halves, drained and chopped|
|½ tin||Koo Chickpeas, drained|
|3 tsp||Spring Onion, chopped|
|1 tsp||Chilli, finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Red Thai Curry Paste|
|1 tbls||Fish Sauce|
|3 tbls||Fresh Coriander, finely chopped or Mint|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Puff Pastry Squares/Rectangles|
|½ cup||Mrs Balls Sweet Chilli Sauce|
|½ tin||Koo Apricot Halves, drained and finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Soya Sauce|
|1 tsp||Finely Chopped Coriander or Mint|
- Preheat the Oven to 180°C.
- To make the dipping sauce: mix ingredients together and allow to infuse for at least 15 minutes before using.
- Sausage Rolls: Put the pork sausages, apricot, garlic, chickpea, spring onion, chilli, thai paste, fish sauce and egg into the food processor and process to combine. It should not be puree but rustic. Fold in the fresh coriander or mint and add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside.
- Roll out the pastry into oblong shapes. Take the filling, using floured hands and roll into a long sausage. Place on the long edge of a piece of pastry. Do the same for the remaining pastry and filling. Brush the edges of the pastry with water and fold over, pressing down to seal. Place the sealed edge underneath. Repeat with others.
- Using a sharp knife, snip small slits in the top of the sausage rolls. Brush the top with egg wash, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and puffed out. Serve with dipping sauce and a summer fresh salad.
Chefs Tip! Beef Mince can also be used or prawns for a delicious variation.
*Enterprise premium pork sausages are available in all leading retailers.
To enter, simply fill in the form below and submit your letter telling us why you love the Living and Loving brand. Entries close 5th January 2018.
Terms and Conditions
By signing up for this competition, you agree to receive the Living and Loving weekly newsletter. The winners will be chosen randomly from the entries of individuals that submitted their details on the competition form. Entries open to South African residents only. Competitions are not open to employees of CTP Caxton, sponsors, their immediate families and agencies. The promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. We reserve the right to forward contact details of entrants to competition sponsors. Prizes are not transferrable and can’t be exchanged for cash. There are no costs associated with redeeming prizes. Winner will be notified by telephone, email or post. All prize values are correct at time of publication. Prizes awarded are the responsibility of the competition sponsors. Winners must be willing to be photographed for possible publication in Living and Loving free of any fee. Caxton Magazines, its employees, directors, representatives or agents will not be liable for any loss or damages incurred, and Caxton Magazines shall not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature and however arising. Prizes are valid for one year from date of issue they appear in and cannot be re-issued should they expire or re-sent if they are returned.