To celebrate our new-look website, we’re giving away this awesome
Mud Kitchen, worth R2 000!
To enter, simply guess the correct answer for the nursery rhyme below. Entries close 16 May.
Earth and water are two most important fundamentals of life. Mixing soil and water and other household materials has a foundational role in early childhood, resulting in endless possibilities for well-being, development and learning.
The Mud kitchen is the answer to a technology savvy world we live in, where kids no longer have the opportunity to be kids.
The benefits are endless, just to mention a few:
- Open minded play: gives opportunity for creativity and imagination.
- Stimulation of all senses: sensory stimulation is a necessary part of brain development.
- Eye – hand coordination: resulting in developing the neural pathways responsible for these movements.
- Cause and effect concept: develops logic and better understanding the results of mixing different elements or materials together (water and sand – makes Mud).
- Role play and developing real skills.
- Gross motor skills: develops motoring skills much faster as it is being practiced more.
- Self-care knowledge: By playing the role of a cook for instance, a child will learn how to clean up ,switch the stove off after cooking etc.
Lastly you can add all sorts of extras or objects you feel your child would be comfortable or understand better.
Log onto our Facebook page for more information.
Please note: The pots and pans, utensils and dish cloths are not included in the prize. The prize only consists of the 3 piece Mud Kitchen.
Terms and Conditions:
By signing up for this competition, you agree to receive the Living and Loving weekly newsletter.
Entries open to South African residents only. Competitions are not open to employees of CTP Caxton, sponsors, their immediate families and agencies. The promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. We reserve the right to forward contact details of entrants to competition sponsors. Prizes are not transferrable and can’t be exchanged for cash. There are no costs associated with redeeming prizes. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or post. All prize values are correct at time of publication. Prizes awarded are the responsibility of the competition sponsors. Winners must be willing to be photographed for possible publication in Living and Loving free of any fee. Caxton Magazines, its employees, directors, representatives or agents will not be liable for any loss or damages incurred, and Caxton Magazines shall not be liable for any loss of whatsoever nature and however arising. Prizes are valid for one year from date of issue they appear in and cannot be re-issued should they expire or re-sent if they are returned.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.