- 2 cups mixed berries, quartered
- 1 banana, sliced
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 2cm ginger, finely grated
- Squeeze honey
- Blitz all the ingredients until fine.
- Pour into 60ml popsicle moulds, cover with plastic wrap and insert sticks (this will help them stand up).
- Freeze until solid.
Honey ginger lollies
*Makes about 14
- ½ cup honey
- 3-5cm ginger, finely grated
- Handful mint leaves
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place the honey in a small saucepan and squeeze in the ginger juice (discard pulp). Blitz the mint and vinegar until fine and add to the honey mixture.
- Bring to the boil on medium heat. Cook for about 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 150°C on a sugar thermometer (see tip).
- Use a teaspoon to dollop the mixture onto baking paper and add the sticks, turning to coat. Make about 3 lollies at a time so they don’t set before the sticks are inserted.
- Set aside to harden. Wrap in wax paper and store for up to a month.
If you don’t have a sugar thermometer, test occasionally by spooning a drop of the honey mixture into a cup of ice water. If the honey turns into a hard ball when pressed between your fingers, it’s ready.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.