*Glutagon is a gluten-free ‘flour’ available from large supermarkets and health food stores.
- 250g (1 cup) plain, fat-free yoghurt
- 80ml canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 280g (2¼ cups) Glutagon or alternative wheat-free flour
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 250g (¾ cups) frozen or fresh blueberries
- 100g rolled oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180?C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or line it with paper cases.
2. Pour the yoghurt, oil, eggs and vanilla into a bowl, and whisk to combine.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder in a large bowl, and add the brown sugar and frozen berries (reserve 12 large berries for decoration).
4. Stir lightly to mix the berries through the flour. Add the yoghurt mixture, and lightly fold together.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes, and then top each muffin with a frozen berry and about 1 heaped tsp of rolled oats.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of one of the muffins comes out clean.
By Taryn Jakobi
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.