- 1 cup whole sweetcorn kernels
- 1 cup wholemeal wheat-free flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, egg and milk to make a batter.
2. Stir in the sweetcorn kernels.
3. Heat a frying pan and add the canola oil. When the oil is hot, drop in tablespoons of the mixture, and fry until lightly golden. Turn them over and cook on the other side.
4. Serve with mashed avo.
*This batter is best used straight away.
*You can make a larger batch of these and freeze them for later.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.