S’mores are traditionally made by sandwiching toasted marshmallows with melted chocolate on Marie biscuits.
Our variation is safe for small children, as parents can toast the marshmallows first, and children can have fun dipping the sticks into melted chocolate and biscuit crumbs.
*Serves 4 – 6
- 175g marshmallows
- 100g chocolate
- 200g packet of Marie biscuits
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water
- Crush the Marie biscuits into crumbs using a plastic bag and rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler, and pour it into a small bowl.
- Toast the marshmallows on sticks over warm braai coals. Children can then dip the sticks into the melted chocolate first, and then into the biscuit crumbs for a delicious treat.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.