Recipe by Zola Nene
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 250g butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 150g Jungle Energy Crunch Granola
- 50g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter until breadcrumb consistency.
- Beat together the eggs and buttermilk, then mix into the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the Jungle Energy Crunch Granola and cranberries, then press the mixture firmly into a lined square baking tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and slice into rusks.
- Turn the oven down to 90°C.
- Place the cut pieces onto flat baking trays and dry in the oven with the door slightly ajar – this will take about 4 hours.
- Store in an air-tight container and serve with tea or coffee.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.