Tic-tac-toe can be played with nothing else than just a pen and a piece of paper, or you can make your own travel sized tic-tac-toe board game for long car rides, or days when you are stuck in traffic and the kids are bored. It’s also handy to have in your handbag for those moments when you’re waiting at the paediatrician or need to pass the time and keep your tot occupied.
You will need:
- Small pebbles
- White paint
- Plain fabric for the storage bag, or a small plastic container.
- Select your 10 best stones (the flatter ones work best) and get your tot to paint on the Os and Xs.
- There’s no need to bring out the sewing machine, simply glue the bag together. Cut a square, glue the sides together and hem the top to make a drawstring.
- Draw the blocks with a permanent marker, and rock on!
Benefits of playing tic-tac-toe with your kids:
- It teaches good sportsmanship.
- It helps children apply their logic and develop strategy at an early age.
- It prepares children for more complex games because they have to think of multiple things at one time.
- Tic-tac-toe helps develop coordination, fine motor skills and visual skills.
- It helps children learn how to follow rules and take turns.
- It can help improve your child’s concentration.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.