Your baby will love the textures of this mat. Vary the sizes of your pom-poms for extra interest.
You will need
- 50cm x 70cm plastic garden matting
- 8 balls of wool (for a 50cm x 70cm mat)
- 1 offcut of wood, about 60cm long
- 2 nails
- Sewing scissors
- Make the pom-poms by following our instructional video on our website. We’ll show you how to save time! However you decide to make them, ensure they are fastened tightly so your baby can’t pull out the thread.
- Attach the pom-poms to the mat by threading the loose ends of wool through the matting and tying a knot at the back.
Watch this step-by-step video to see how it’s done:
Marianne is a freelance content creator and copy editor. She has been part of the Living and Loving team in various capacities over the last six years, but since becoming a mom to a boisterous boy, she has found a special interest in parenting issues including discipline, education and early childhood development. When not running after, and negotiating with, her three-year-old, you’ll find her experimenting in the kitchen.