This DIY bird feeder is easy for the kids to make and a great way to attract birds to the garden. By Noeleen Foster
Make this yummy bird feeder, which will have all the feathered friends in your garden coming to visit.
You will need
- Pine cones
- ½ tub of peanut butter
- Bird seed
How to make
- Securely tie string to the top of the pine cone.
- Spread generous amounts of peanut butter all over the pine cone (a teaspoon works well for this).
- Decant the bird seed into a bowl.
- Roll the pine cone in the seed mix – until it’s completely covered.
- Hang the feeder in your garden where your birds can feed from it.
Text, photography and styling: Noeleen Foster
Model: Deshika Naidoo
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.