Your little one will love playing with these cute hen bean bags. We show you how to make them.
You will need (per bag):
- 25cm x 110cm-wide fabric of your choice
- Matching cotton
- Felt scraps
- Matching beads
- Beans or barley (for stuffing)
- Toy stuffing (optional)
- Note: All seams should be 0.5cm
- Cut out pattern pieces by following the supplied template.
- Pin the beak, crown and crop into position on one triangle, then pin in place (as shown on the pattern piece).
- With right sides facing, pin the second triangle to the first, matching up the points. Tack into place 1cm in from each end and remove pins. Repeat with the third triangle, joining to form a triangle.
- Sew these three seams, starting and ending 1cm in from each end. Turn right side out to remove the pins, then turn inside out again. Press with a warm iron.
- Pin a fourth triangle to the bottom, one side at a time, and tack into place. Sew from one seam to the other. On the third side, leave an opening of 5cm for stuffing. Sew in all loose threads.
- Turn right side out and press the bottom seam carefully. Stuff with beans or barley until you are happy with the shape and then hand sew the opening closed.
- Hand sew the beak closed using matching cotton. Sew the bead in place to form the eye.
- Note: You can also partly stuff the chickens with toy stuffing, and then fill the base with beans or barley to give them more weight.