You don’t need to spend a lot of money to entertain your toddler. We all know that kids often only play with their new toys for five minutes and end up playing with the box it came in instead.
This cardboard box house simply collapse when you’re done playing and will easily pop open again when needed.
You will need:
- 4 standard or medium-sized cardboard boxes
- 6 cardboard squares of equal size (roughly 60cm x 60cm) cut from the boxes
- Two cardboard rectangles of equal size (60cm x 75 cm) cut from the boxes
- Boxing tape
How to assemble your house:
- Join two pieces of carboard together with boxing tape to make the floor.
- Join the sides and then the back so that the floor folds upwards and the back folds backwards.
- Put on the roof using the two bigger pieces of cardboard so the roof slopes like a pitched roof.
- For a bit of fun, cut out scallops for an awning on the roof.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.