All moms love flowers, but these chocolate flowers are double the treat, and such a special Mother’s Day gift idea.
You will need
- Bamboo skewers
- Green paint
- Floral foam
- Glass bottle with label removed
- Tissue paper
- Paintbrush or foam brush
- Thick colourful cardboard
- Wrapped chocolates
- Double-sided tape
- Craft glue
- Print a label from the Internet or get the kids to decorate the label themselves.
- Paint the bamboo skewers green and leave to dry.
- Cut a piece of floral foam to fit inside the bottle, cover in tissue paper and place inside the bottle.
- Print the flower templates and cut out in a size that fits your chocolates. Remember to use
sturdy cardboard that’s strong enough to support the chocolates.
- Using a khoki, draw small dots around the edges of some of the petals.
- Tape the bamboo skewers to the back of the flowers with sellotape.
- Apply double-sided tape to the back of the chocolates and stick them on the paper flowers.
- Cut a few green leaves and stick them onto the bamboo skewers
- Arrange the flowers.
- To complete the gift, print the jar label from the Internet, or use one the kids decorated, cut it out and stick to the outside of the bottle using double-sided tape or glue.
- Complete the arrangement with a ribbon bow.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.