This craft is perfect for rainy days, or for weekends when you have to find things to keep the little ones busy. You can draw your own animals and trees or download the free animal templates here.
These paper animals are great for playing farms with and they’re not as expensive to make as buying the plastic ones at the shops.
What you’ll need:
- Black and white cardboard
- Wooden clothespins
How to make the animals:
- Draw your own animals or print out your animal templates.
- Glue the templates to the cardboard and colour in the animals.
- Cut the animals out and attach the clothespins to their legs. You can also use the clothespins for legs and cut the legs of the animals off.
- Paste clouds on black cardboard, and arrange the tree and animals in front of the background.
Download your free animal templates here.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.