Whether you can’t afford an expensive present for dad this Father’s Day or want to show your love by making something, we’ve got you covered with these creative DIY gift ideas.
Father’s Day is just around the corner and what better way to show dad that he’s awesome than with these cool paper gift ideas? Instead of the usual socks or neck tie, spoil him with a heartfelt present that you can easily make.
Paper gift ideas dad will love
- Cheers, dad! For the self-proclaimed wine sommelier or whiskey connoisseur, a personalised label will add a special touch to dad’s favourite tipple. Whether it’s a photo of him with his kids or just a few simple yet meaningful words, your personalised bottle will surely make its way on to the shelf with his other collectibles. You can design a label from scratch or, if you need some inspiration, there are plenty of free printable templates available online.
- Leave your mark. If dad spends more time with his nose in a book than fighting for the TV remote, a home-made bookmark is the ideal gift. Create a collage of your most treasured family photos and use a home photo-printer, such as the Epson L850, to print it. Dad will love seeing his children’s faces every time he opens his latest read.
- Because I said so. Tell dad exactly what he means to you with a mini-book of 10 reasons why you love him. Customise each page with a different message of appreciation, a special moment together or even one of your inside jokes. A ‘Reasons I Love You Dad’ book will make him laugh, cry and smile all at once and is one he will want to return to again and again.
- The gift that keeps on giving. A book of coupons to treat dad is a great way to show him how much you care. From breakfast in bed to a car wash, spoil him with things that can last all year long. Design your own coupons or download and print a free template such as these from Epson.
- Put it on paper. A home-made Father’s Day card is the perfect way to tell dad just what he means to you. Put pen to paper and surprise him with a personalised poem, or a simple yet heartfelt message can have an equally significant impact.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.