Just because you’re planning a quiet Easter weekend at home it doesn’t mean you have to sit in front of the television the whole time. There are many things you can do in your home town.
Here are some of our favourite staycation activities you can try:
- Spend a day at the zoo.
- Take the kids to the planetarium.
- Go for a walk through your suburb.
- Arrange a movie date or watch a few episodes of their favourite series.
- Bake one of these recipes.
- Go for a stroll in a botanical garden near you.
- Play some miniature golf.
- Back yard camping: if the kids are too young, make it a day camp. Put up your tent and add lots of pillows.
- Take the kids for a bike ride.
- Go for a picnic and get the kids to help.
- Help the kids make these easy egg crafts
- Go to the park.
- Raining outside? Build a fort. Let their imagination (and yours) run wild as you build a fort in the lounge or bedroom. Think big sheets, lots of pillows, books and toys.
- Give back. Get your kids to choose a toy that they no longer use. Explain that some friends don’t have toys and that the toy will help them.
- Check out your local shopping mall and see what holiday activities they have planned.