Spoil your partner with this delicious chocolate soufflé for dessert on Valentine’s Day. The kids will love it too.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 85g chocolate
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease four ramekins. Coat the inside of the ramekins with the cocoa, tapping out the excess and re-using to coat the remaining ramekins.
- In a large bowl, over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and remaining butter. Stir occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and add the vanilla. Whisk in the yolks one at a time until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the egg whites with the sugar, salt, and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg-white mixture into the chocolate. Spoon into the ramekins.
- Bake until puffed and set, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.