Unicorns are mystical and magical and paired with a bright and colourful rainbow, you have the ultimate enchanted rainbow unicorn party that any little girl will love.
9 cute ideas for a rainbow unicorn party
- Start with creating your colourful backdrop. We used paper daisy wheels, but balloons streamers and lanterns could work just as well.
- A white board unicorn silhouette, trimmed with gold glitter glue, really pops on the colourful background.
- Place paper flower pom-poms in colourful little vases on your table for cute centrepieces.
- Food options are endless when it comes to this theme. Why not try a little sweet and salty popcorn (simply sprinkle with tens and thousands).
- Dried fruit makes lovely little individually wrapped fruit sticks – a healthy alternative to all the sugar on the table.
- Striped goodie bags with the words ‘Thank you for making my party over the rainbow’ are great for little guests who want to take home some party treats.
- Play dough is always a winner as a party favour for teeny tots. And we have an easy recipe for edible play dough below. Inexpensive little plastic buckets can be bought from plastic shops.
- Get your little one and her little guests to hold a chalk board with quirky little pictures or sayings for memorable photos.
Play dough recipe
This is so easy to make and you can rest assured that it’s 100% child safe, with no funny additives or foreign ingredients.
- 1 cup salt (the finer salt works best)
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup warm water
- Mix the above ingredients together and knead until it forms a soft and pliable dough.
- You can add food colouring for some fun colours.
- This play dough can be stored in your fridge for up to six months.
● Paper cups, straws and serviettes, paper flower pom-poms, giant paper daisy wheels, rainbow party bags, food toppers. In Good Company, 011 447 1628
● Unicorn and rainbow cake, rainbow biscuits, meringues, coconut ice peaks, bows and stars cupcakes.
Annica’s Designer Cakes, 011 326 1526 or 011 326 0937, [email protected], annicas.co.za.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.