Little ones will love receiving their own mini cake at a tea party. By Margie Els-Burger and Nomvuselelo Mncube
These no-bake cakes with sprinkles are perfect for birthday parties! And, best of all – no cake will go to waste. Your little girl will love these for a tea party birthday!
- 100g soft butter
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 152g packet Oreo cookies
- ½ cup sprinkles
- ½ cup cream, whipped
- Jelly sweets, to decorate
How to assemble your no-bake cakes
- Beat the butter and vanilla until pale. Slowly add the icing sugar until incorporated. Thin out with milk.
- Make 8 heaps of 2 biscuits each. Spread a thin layer of icing between each biscuit and stack on top of each other. Cover in a thin layer of icing. Chill in the fridge for about 1 hour, until firm.
- Gently cover the stacks in a layer of icing. Roll in the sprinkles. Refrigerate overnight to firm up the icing and soften the biscuits slightly.
- Decorate with a dollop of piped cream and jelly sweets.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.