Piquanté pepper biltong paté with pickled onions and sliced jalapenos
*Serves 6 – 8
- 150g sliced biltong
- 2 hot peppadew whole pickled onions
- 200ml cream cheese
- 5ml fresh thyme
- 4 whole peppadew piquanté peppers, chopped
- 2 mild peppadew jalapeno halves, chopped
- 10ml lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Place the sliced biltong, pickled onions, cream cheese and thyme into a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Add the piquanté peppers and pickled jalapenos and mix together well. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crisp melba toast or crusty bread.
Peppadew pickled jalapeno, bacon and water chestnut bites
- 210g tin water chestnuts, drained and well rinsed and dried
- 250g streaky bacon
- 1 jar peppadew pickled jalapeno quarters
- Tooth picks
- Wrap a strip of streaky bacon around a slice of pickled jalapeno and a drained water chestnut, securing it with a cocktail stick. Continue until you’ve used up the ingredients.
- Pop under the grill for 8 minutes and it’s done.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.