There’s still time to get to the shops to get a pork belly for your Easter lunch tomorrow. This crispy pork belly with apple sauce will be a major hit with the whole family.
- 2kg pork belly, deboned
- 2 tbs sea salt flakes
- 1 tbs Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 360g jar Staffords Apple Sauce
- Oven roasted potatoes
- Fresh green salad with apple slices and a mustard dressing.
How to prepare your crispy pork belly:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Place pork on a clean work surface. Pat rind bone dry with paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife, score the pork belly skin and fat, without cutting into the meat.
- Whisk together the salt, 5-spice and pepper.
- Rub the skin and meat of the pork belly with the spice mix.
- Place the pork belly on a wire rack set on top of a baking tray and place in the oven.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C, then roast for a further 3 hours or until the pork is tender and cooked through, and the skin is crisp.
- Rest the pork belly, uncovered, for 20 minutes, then cut into thick slices and serve with salad and apple sauce, or roast potatoes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.