*Makes 4 Pitta Pockets
- 2 eggs
- 200g tinned tuna in sunflower oil, drained
- 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- A handful of salad cress (optional)
- 2 pitta breads
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes (the yolk should be solid).
- Drain and cool under cold water and peel the eggs when cold.
- Meanwhile, strain the oil from the can of tuna and mix the flaked tuna together with the sweetcorn, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, spring onion, salt and pepper and the Tabasco sauce.
- Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs and add to the tuna mix with the salad cress (if using), stirring well.
- Cut the pitta breads in half to give 4 pitta pockets and divide the mixture between them.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.