Whether you’re participating in meat-free Mondays, a vegetarian, or just trying to cut down on eating meat, you’ll love how tasty these lentil burger patties are.
- 2 tsp oil
- 1½ onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups Pouyoukas lentils, prepared as per pack instructions
- 4 tsp flour
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 rolls, halved and toasted
- Baby spinach
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the onions with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Put aside.
- Place the prepared lentils in a food processor and pulse until roughly blended, but not too smooth. Add to the onion mixture, add some seasoning and mix well.
- Add the flour and stir well to combine.
- Using slightly wet hands, form the mix into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Put into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the lentil burgers for 4 minutes on each side or until caramelised.
- Put onto the bases of each roll, top with chutney, baby spinach, tomato, avocado, onion and the roll top.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.