Chickpeas have numerous health benefits for you including lowering your cholesterol levels down and keeping your weight in check.
- Pouyoukas chickpeas (as prepared below)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp spice mixture
- Before cooking the chickpeas, soak one part chickpeas in four parts water for 5 – 10 hours. Drain and rinse chickpeas, cover with water and bring to the boil until tender.
- Drain and once the chickpeas are cooled they’re ready to be used.
- Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil, salt and your favourite spices.
- Arrange the chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast at 200°C for 1 hour.
- Shake the pan a few times while baking.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.